Thursday, April 3, 2003

(from my brother) Hi again Sis - I'm having trouble connecting to a document written in the early 90's during the high-tech euphoria coupled with a failed first attempt at dethroning Hussein. Even if I took it to heart, where's the problem with this stategy? I don't find anything threatening in the paragraph you copied into your email. Maybe I don't read well, or comprehend properly, but I can't see the need for an uproar on what's written in that paragraph. As I see it, whoever authored that document and placed that particular paragraph in it perhaps used the word "control" in lieu of a less threatening word to certain people. Personally, I interpret that entire paragraph as a far looking warning of "he who controls the media controls the minds" sort of thing in a military conflict. Isn't that what we're faced with right now with the slanted/once-sided/misinformation being released everywhere from the Palastinians to the Iraqi regime, all to our detrement? Too, if the author really wanted to display an arrogance, he wouldn't have concluded that paragraph with the verbiage "will find it difficult to exert global political leadership". Rather he would have written "will find it difficult to exert global political dominance". Where's the beef? (and I'm sure you'll point it out to me) Bro

No comments:

Post a Comment